- To establish effective partnerships in order to develop the existing environment in a way that reduces opportunities for crime and the fear of crime to occur;
- To influence designers and developers to incorporate crime reduction measures into their projects;
- To identify the risks to individual developments and respond by providing appropriate crime reduction advice;
- To promote and administer the ACPO "Secured By Design" and "Safer Parking" schemes;
- To support and advise the divisional and sub divisional Crime Reduction Advisors and other operational Police colleagues;
- To deliver lectures and awareness seminars on Crime Prevention through Environmental Design to educational establishments, public and private bodies.